I make this bread whenever I have over-ripe bananas. The bananas should be mushy, which is key to a moist bread that needs very little added sugar. You will not miss the gluten, I promise. This bread is not dry or crumbly like many gluten free breads and muffins are. This recipe is also dairy free, if that's your thing.
- 2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed banana (4-5 bananas)
- 3/4 cup honey (substitute 1/2 cup coconut sugar OR 1 cup cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil (substitute canola or any veggie oil)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Optional: add 1/2 cup chopped nuts and/or 1/2 cup chocolate...