Ingredients & Process
It is my pleasure to bring you eco-luscious bath, body, and home essentials inspired by my passion for health and wellness and backed up by my education and experience as a Registered Nurse, certified in Wound & Skin Care.
My products are thoughtfully handcrafted completely from scratch from formulas that I've developed and perfected over the years. You will not find questionable or unrecognizable ingredients in anything I offer. I don't dilute or disguise my products with cheap filler oils, animal fats, petroleum, artificial colorants, or skin stripping chemicals. You'll never find sulfates, phthlates, or parabens in any of my products. I source raw materials fair-trade globally, organic when called for.
I adore the art and science of scent blending to capture the magic of aroma. It's a scientific fact that scent is our most powerful memory trigger that connects us to the present moment and influences mood, feelings, and emotions. The simple pleasure of a beautiful scent doesn't require planning or take up any of our time to enjoy, it's a quick hit of guilt-free indulgence.
My soaps are made using the time honored traditional cold process method with * plant-based oils, unrefined butters, and botanicals all chosen for their nourishing properties and luxurious feel to gently cleanse without stripping moisture from the skin. Your bars will arrive in recyled paper boxes to protect them from germs, dust, and dings.
What makes C9SC's soap superior and different than other handcrafted soaps?
- My bars weigh a generous 5 oz., that's 25% larger than the industry standard 4 oz. bar.
- My short list of top-shelf ingredients.
- I include only essential working ingredients and take everything else out.
- I believe the ingredients should take center stage, do their job, treat you and the enviroment gently, and avoid being geared just label appeal.
- Balance, it's key. A great bar of soap needs the correct ratio of cleansing oils to conditioning oils, and the correct proportion of lye to liquid.
* A note about our Palm Oil: Our palm oil comes strictly from members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). RSPO certification requires producers to follow strict standards to cultivate sustainable palm oil. RSPO criteria states, "no primary forests or areas which contain significant concentrations of biodiversity (e.g. endangered species) or fragile ecosystems, or areas which are fundamental to meeting basic or traditional cultural needs of local communities (high conservation value areas), can be cleared.” Additionally there are standards that require fair treatment of workers according to local and international labor rights standards.
What makes C9SC's candles premium and different than other candles?
- I use soy wax, sourced from U.S.A. farms. (Did you know that paraffin wax is actually petroleum?)
- Cotton-core wicks rather than zinc
- Essential oil infused phthalate-free fragrance oils
- Amazing scent throw
- No added colorants
- Apothecary jars that can be washed out with soap and water and re-purposed and metal lids rather than plastic.
- A mimimalist label to compliment any decor.
I take pride in doing my part to protect our planet by packaging my products in earth-friendly glass, paper, and cloth.
I don't have overpriced packaging, trade shows to attend, sales reps, distributors, marketing staff, or any agenda other than delivering the very finest products directly to you at a reasonable price. Because of my simple business model, I can and do spend my dollar on premium ingredients.
"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint Exupery
My products naturally cleanse, condition and hydrate the skin and are not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any medical condition.