Move over pumpkin, it's all about cranberry. Here's a recipe you can chill and sip, drizzle over ice cream or pound cake and serve at Holiday time. This liqueur makes a very nice gift when bottled in a gorgeous glass bottle or decanter.
Yields 4 cups
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 (12 oz.) package of fresh cranberries
3 cups vodka
1) Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan, cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and cool completely
2) Place cranberries in a food processor and process until finely chopped
3) Combine cranberries with sugar mixture in a large bowl and stir in the vodka
4) Pour the mixture into clean bottle or jar, secure with lid
5) Let stand 3 weeks in a cool, dark place. Shake it every other day
6) Strain through a cheesecloth lined sieve into a bowl and discard solids
7) Pour your liqueur into clean bottles
Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated for up to one year.