I make this bread whenever I have over-ripe bananas. The bananas should be mushy, which is key to a moist bread that needs very little added sugar. You will not miss the gluten, I promise. This bread is not dry or crumbly like many gluten free breads and muffins are. This recipe is also dairy free, if that's your thing.
- 2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed banana (4-5 bananas)
- 3/4 cup honey (substitute 1/2 cup coconut sugar OR 1 cup cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil (substitute canola or any veggie oil)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Optional: add 1/2 cup chopped nuts and/or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, honey, oil, and vanilla. Hand stir the wet ingredients into dry. Stir in nuts/chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan or paper lined muffin tins.
- This batter makes 1 loaf and 8 regular size muffins. I top each muffin with a little square of Trader Joes 70% cocoa chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake muffins for 20 minutes. Bake loaf for 40 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack at least 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy. This bread makes awesome french toast topped with butter and real maple syrup, too!