If you haven't established a bedtime routine, now would be a great time to think about doing so. Established routines lead to good habits. A healthy sleep habit is one of the best things you can do all around for your body, and your skin.
These 8 things are simple ways to insure a good nights sleep, which is mandatory for optimal health and contributes to glowing skin.
- Disconnect from all electronic devices at least one hour before bedtime. And for God's sake, do not check your work email.
- Limit alcohol intake. Try a cup of hot tea instead.
- Take a bath. Use a few drops of scented bath oil or essential oil, light a candle.
- Apply a moisturizer from head to toe to hydrate and protect your skin.
- Change your pillowcase. You know that wonderful feeling you get when you jump into clean sheets? Changing the pillowcase has the same effect. (Changing the pillowcase at least weekely will also insure that grime that collects on your skin and hair doesn't transfer to your face.)
- Clock 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night. No exceptions.
- Use a humidifyer during the dry winter months.
- Diffuse an essential oil at bedtime. Lavender is nice. My favorite is Eucalyptus.
Join in. Please be nice and stay on topic.* Comments must be approved before being displayed.