This is The Barefoot Contessa's Shrimp Salad recipe and I've been making it for years. It's the perfect summer salad, easy, delicious and if you keep frozen shrimp on hand in your freezer, it can be whipped up on late notice. Thaw the shrimp quickly by placing them in a colander under cold running water. Fresh dill is best, but dried is fine, too, in a pinch. I add 2 Tbsp. of capers to my recipe because, well, I love capers. I made this salad just last week for a girlfriend and I. I served it with a croissant, fresh fruit, and a glass of Pinot Grigio. This makes a large batch, I usually cut the recipe in half when I make it.
- 4 lbs frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, I used 2 (50-70 per pound) bags from Costco
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 3 cups celery, minced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill.
- Combine with the shrimp.
- Add the red onion and celery and check the seasonings.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
Enjoy! What's your favorite summer salad?